Monday, June 11, 2007

Poker w/ the Worlds best Wedding Photographers

Friday night was poker night at my buddy Jason O'hare's house in Redondo (he is also my main lead photographer and a big wig at Pictage.com). It was definately a who's who of wedding photography. Out of 16 players most of them were wedding photographers. Including -


Becker plays a lot and he actually won an online tournament and was awarded a free $10,000 entry fee into the World Series of Poker www.worldseriesofpoker.com/ -World Championship No Limit Hold'em Main Event in just a couple of weeks. Needless to say he is the poker big dog.

I played conservatively making it to the final 8 table with only 2500 chips. Mike Colon, a smart player himself, had about $12,000 and Beker was big chip leader with about $15,000. I was little stack for sure. However, about 10 minutes into the game I slow played a flush into a monster stack against Becker and now I was back in the game. I won't bore you with all the details but I finished the game 3rd and in the money. Becker was second losing to a heavily inebriated Reina - Jason's soon to be lovely wife. She was a tricky call.

Good times!

No comments: